- The Catalan capital was one of the first European cities to regulate drones. In 2016, the mayor approved a set of regulations that establish the conditions for operating drones within the city.
- Residents of Barcelona can apply for a license to operate this type of equipment, and this license must be renewed annually.
- A dedicated drone port has been built where drones can be piloted, providing an opportunity for those who have never had the chance to operate this machinery before. The port is equipped with safety nets and other measures to protect people and private property in the surrounding area.
- Furthermore, Barcelona is home to a research center at the University of Barcelona that focuses on the development of new technologies related to drone usage.
- The city hosts the Drone Challenge, a competition for drone pilots in various categories. This event has attracted participants from around the world.
Capturing images from above has long existed, but filming equipment technology has advanced over time, and drones are the result of that progress. The benefits of using a drone for your shots are numerous. On one hand, there is a unique perspective for capturing images through an aerial view. Additionally, the cost of hiring equipment for aerial panoramic shots has decreased significantly; a drone does not require fuel and can access great heights without obstacles.
We are committed to understanding the new filming permit regulations that our city requires so that we can provide the most accurate information to those who need it. If you are a production company and wish to film in Barcelona using your drone, do not hesitate to contact us to learn everything about the requirements you need to know.